Hong Kong Immigration
Hong Kong is a developed nation and an attractive immigration destination for all the overseas aspirants seeking Hong Kong Immigration. The candidates can make their Hong Kong PR eligibility by having relevant qualification and work experience based on their occupation. The process for Hong Kong migration is not that difficult as it looks, the nation attracts thousands of Immigrants due to the minimal and easy-going Immigration Policies.
What are the pathways to become Hong Kong Permanent Resident?
There are three prominent pathways to acquire the Hong Kong PR visa:
- Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) – This pathway is for the immigrants with high skills who can contribute to enhance the economy of the country. The eligible candidates can tag along their spouse and dependent children.
- Dependents – The program is designed for aspirants who wish to migrate Hong Kong for residence as dependents.
- Certificate of Entitlement (COE) – This pathway is for the candidates of Chinese nationality and were born outside Hong Kong to a parent who is Chinese citizen born in Hong Kong or Chinese citizen who has resided in Hong Kong for a continuous period of not less than seven years
What are the visa requirements for Hong Kong Migration?
Following criteria must be fulfilled to meet the Hong Kong PR eligibility:
- Age – Must be aged 18 or above while applying for this program.
- Financial requirement - Must demonstrate the financial capability to support and accommodate himself/herself and his/her dependents for the initial stay in Hong Kong.
- Good character - The applicant should be clean from criminal record or positive immigration record.
- Language proficiency - Should be proficient in written & spoken Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) or English.
- Basic educational qualification - Must possess degree from a recognized university. In come circumstances, technical qualifications, along with professional abilities and/or experience and achievements supported by sufficient documentary evidence can be considered for Hong Kong PR visa.
What is Selection procedure for Hong Kong Immigration?
- Step #1: Prerequisites – Every applicant is required to meet a set of prerequisites before they are awarded points under one of the two points-based tests.
- Stage 2: Points-based test - Applicants who meet all the prerequisites, may choose to be evaluated either under the General Points Test or Achievement-based Points Test. Below is the classification:
- General Points Test: There are six point-scoring factors under the General Points Test:
- Age: Candidates in their 30s may get the best advantage out of this scheme.
- Educational qualification: Must possess an undergraduate degree. If not, then must have a professional experience or technical qualification. Higher the education, maximum points one can claim.
- Work experience: More the number of work experience, better is the probability to get selected under the scheme.
- Language Proficiency: Minimum bands of 6 points are required under the IELTS.
- Family Factor: Spouse and dependent children can add points to the application by 5 each.
- Minimum Points: Candidate is required to score minimum 80 points out of 165 in the Hong Kong immigration points calculator under General Examination.
- Achievement-based Points Test: The following factors are taken into consideration while allocating the points:
- If any accolades received such as Nobel Prize or Olympic medals. Or,
- If any acknowledgment received for contributing in any field. For example, lifetime achievement award in some industry.
- Stage 3: Selection exercise - Selection exercises will be done on a regular basis for quota allocation:
- Applicants upon meeting the prerequisites and the minimum passing score (under the General Points Test) or the one point-scoring factor (under the Achievement-based Points Test), will be ranked according to scores the awarded.
- Maximum scoring applications will be selected for further assessment.
- Considering the socio-economic needs of Hong Kong, the candidates and other relevant factors, the advisory committee will decide on how best to allocate available quota in each selection exercise.
- Results of each selection exercise will be published on the official website.
- Applicants must consider their applications under processing unless they receive a notification of approval or refusal from the Immigration Department.
- Stage 4: Approval-in-principle - Applicants who are allotted a quota in the selection exercise, will be granted an Approval-in-principle letter.
- Selected applicants are required to come to Hong Kong to attend an interview and verify originals of all the documents submitted during the application.
- They may enter Hong Kong on visitor visa conditions for this purpose only.
*The issue of an Approval-in-principle letter does not guarantee any sort of approval of his/her permanent residence in Hong Kong under the Scheme.
- Stage 5: Issue of visa/entry permit - If the authority considers all the original documents satisfactory and all relevant application procedures are finalized, successful applicants will be issued with a visa/entry permit for Hong Kong PR visa for Indian.
What are the opportunities and Hong Kong PR benefits?
Below are the opportunities and prospects in Hong Kong:
- Hong Kong is the commercial hotspot of Asia and one of the top foundations of direct foreign investment in Asia
- While China has liberalized its markets, Hong Kong companies are increasingly active in bridging suppliers in other countries with consumers in the Chinese Mainland and Asia.
- The country has the top-most Human development index ranking which stands at 7th worldwide for the highest life-expectancy in the world.
- The key beneficial factors for Hong Kong migration are the International low taxation, financial market, and least Government interference add toppings in the economy of Hong Kong.
- The tourism sector is considered to be the major contributor in the Hong Kong economy.
Below are the benefits for being a Hong Kong permanent resident:
- Predominantly, by migrating to Hong Kong one can be comparatively free from paying heavy taxes. One should not pay for inheritance tax wherein even tax rates are inconsequential.
- Unlike China, Hong Kong is a democratic country where its citizens enjoy the fundamental rights like every democratic country in the world.
- Low cost of living is one of the major crowd-pullers to the Hong Kong. Ranging from food, travel, shopping plazas to Medical facilities, everything is at reasonable rates.
- The Hong Kong Govt. is widely accredited for providing numerous services to its citizens by respecting people’s opinions and making efforts to suffice the needs and wants of the people.
What is Application Processing Time for Hong Kong Immigration Visa?
If we consider the official statements and guidelines, the Hong Kong immigration department has nowhere specified the exact processing time for the application. But, as per the recent trends and observations, entire processing time till the approval letter from the authority may take up to 8 to 10 months depending on the volume of the applications. Furthermore, it may take longer time if the Immigration authority of Hong Kong requests for the further scrutiny of the application.
Expert guidance from Abhinav
As the best Hong Kong immigration consultants in India coupled with 25 years of demonstrative Immigration Consulting experience, we provide the best Hong Kong Migration solutions for all. We assess your application with utmost precision and error-free evaluation. Considering the band of satisfied clientele base, we are proud to fulfill your Hong Kong Immigration dreams.
Even if you seek more information and guidance on your Hong Kong PR Visa Application, you can write an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the most experienced Hong Kong visa consultants in india, will get in touch with you to help with your Hong Kong Immigration. Or you can also choose to call us on (+91)-859 533 8595 or directly interact with our expert through our Live Chat window.