Australian Global Talent Visa program is introduced under the Global Businesses and Talent Attraction Taskforce to attract high-value businesses and highly skilled professionals to Australia. The administration has identified ten future-focused sectors to select the experienced professionals who will drive innovation, transfer skills, and the country's economy. The selected applicants can work and live permanently with the Australia PR Visa.
For the year 2020-2021, the administration allowed 15,000 applications under the program, which significantly increased from the 5000 applications allocated last year.
What are the targeted sectors under Australia Global Talent Visa?
- Waste management
- Energy saving technology
- Extraction and processing
Agri-food and AgTech
- Seed technology
- Supply chain and packaging
- Wearable technologies
- Clean energy
- Resource robotics
- Computational metallurgy
- Battery/energy storage
- Medical and biomedical technology
- Pharmaceutical and vaccine research and development
- IT biochemistry
- Digital health
- Implantables and wearable devices
Defence, Advanced Manufacturing and Space
- Satellite systems
- Rocket and avionics systems
- Urban mobility
- Military equipment acquisition and sustainment
- Automation and robotics
- Sustainable manufacturing and life-cycle engineering
- Sustainable production
- Waste treatment
- Waste to energy technology
- Emissions technology
- Ecologically sustainable manufacturing
- Quantum computing
- Cyber sciences
- Cyber security
- Artificial intelligence
- Blockchain, IoT
- Big data
- Disruptive technology
- Smart cities
- Machine learning
- Network engineering
- Cloud computing
Infrastructure and Tourism
- Travel and tourism infrastructure
- Water infrastructure
- Energy infrastructure
- Regional development
Financial Services and FinTech
- Payment systems
- Wealth and regtech
- Cutting edge skills in emerging fields of the industry
- Developing advanced educational systems and curricula
- Improving the education infrastructure in Australia
- Digital data and eResearch platforms
The government believes that skilled workers from these sectors will play a significant role in post-pandemic economic recovery and development. Therefore, the department is also looking for research students relevant to those industries, including Ph.D. students.
What are the eligibility requirements under Australia Global Talent Visa?
- Applicants must be from the industries mentioned above with relevant knowledge
- Applicants must prove they are internationally recognized with evidence of outstanding achievements such as senior roles, patents, professional awards, and international publications and memberships.
- Must have the ability to attract an annual salary of minimum of AUD 158,600 (INR 86.9 Lac) according to the Fair Work High Income
- Must be exceptional in their field of expertise and provide evidence that they would be an asset to Australia
- Attain nomination as a global talent from a recognized organization or individual in Australia in the same field as the applicant
- Must have no difficulty in getting employment in Australia or becoming established in their field
- Ph.D. graduates and Ph.D. students can also apply to demonstrate their exceptional talent and international recognition in a target sector.
How to apply for Australia Global Talent Visa?
First Stage – Get nominated by an eligible Individual or organization in Australia
- As a part of the application process, candidates must acquire nominations from the individual or an organization with a national reputation.
- The nominating individual or organization will endorse your achievements and skills.
Second Stage – Expression of Interest
- Submit an expression of interest using Global Talent Contact Form
- If you meet the program requirements, you will receive the unique Invitation reference identifier and Invitation code
Third Stage – Apply for the Visa
- After receiving the Invitation reference identifier and Invitation code, apply for visa application in Immiaccount (Official portal)
- Apply for the Global Talent (Subclass 858) Visa for your Australia Permanent Residency Visa
The applications under the Australia Global Talent Visa program will get priority processing of 3 months.
Why choose Abhinav for Australia Global Talent Visa?
Abhinav is the most trusted and globally renowned Immigration enterprise with more than 26 years of dedicated industry experience in processing immigration applications (permanent residency visas, Student Visas, Global Talent Visas, and business visas). We provide comprehensive solutions on Australia Global Talent Visa applications with the strength of our dedicated documentation division, Immigration Specialists, business associates – specializing in Australia Immigration. Our comprehensive services include application assessment for Applications, IELTS Coaching support, market analysis, industry identification, documentation, legal consulting methods, and post-landing services.