Life in United Kingdom? Why to Migrate from India
United Kingdom has become the next hot-spot destination among many skilled workers and students from India. Every year, people in high numbers are migrating to the UK for work, study, and visit purposes. The country offers promising opportunities in terms of job, lifestyle, pollution-free environment, safety, and more. Lately, most of the people chose UK migration due to better employment prospects. The labor market and economy are two most important factors encouraging migration from all over world.
Additionally, UK is a hub of some of the world’s best colleges and universities. In fact, many people who migrate to the UK for study, find jobs and stay back here forever. Also, the fact the English is the first language in the country, most people find it easy to settle here permanently.
The United Kingdom also boasts a very strong and vibrant economy, backed by lower employment rates. Many large companies also prefer to invest in the UK due to its favorable labor laws, and thus create more jobs for its citizens.
Different Ways to Migrate to UK?
There are many different types of visa options available for people seeking immigration to UK from India. The type of visa suitable for you depends entirely on what you want to do in the UK and how long you plan to stay in the country.
However, to put broadly, UK visa can be classified into Tier 1 and Tier 2 Visas. The eligibilities for both visas are assessed through a point-based system. So, let’s discuss them in detail:
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa
If you are a high net-worth entrepreneur dreaming of investing in the UK, then this visa is for you. The UK Innovator Visa allows investors to set up a company or buy an existing business in the country. The Visa category may also be divided into- Start-up Visa and Innovator Visa.
You can apply for a Start-up Visa if:
- You wish to establish a new business in the UK;
- You are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- You satisfy the other eligibility requirements for the visa.
Who is Eligible?
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old or more
- Meet the English language requirement
- Be able to demonstrate enough source of funds or personal savings to support themselves during initial days in the UK.
As per the UK immigration rules, you are eligible to apply for the Innovator Visa if:
- you want to set up a new business or buy an already existing business in the UK. And, you have your business or business idea endorsed by an approved body
- You must be able to invest at least £50,000 if you want to set up a new business.
- you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- you meet the other eligibility requirements
Who is Eligible?
- Candidates who are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- Applicants who are 18 years of age or above at the time of application.
- be able to demonstrate enough source of funds or personal savings to support themselves during initial days in the UK.
Tier 2- General Work Visa
This UK visa category is designed for skilled workers who wish to migrate to the UK permanently and address the labor skill shortage needs of the country. Candidates under the Tier 2 visa are selected through the point-based system, and is only issued to highly skilled individuals who have been offered a job in the UK.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a valid job offer or a job in the occupation list.
- You’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- You also need to get sponsored from a legitimate UK employer before you apply to live permanently in UK.
Processing Time for UK Tier 2 Visa
All candidates are advised to apply for the tier 2 visa 3 months before the day you’re due to start work in the UK. Your profile will be processed within 3 weeks in case you are applying from outside the UK.
What is Highly Skilled Migrant Program (HSMP UK)?
Introduced in January 2002, the Highly Skilled Migrant Program was designed to cope with the demand for skilled labors in the UK. The visa category is designed for skilled workers who can come to live and work in the UK. The program was a huge success at the time of its launch; however, it was later replaced by General Tier 1 skilled migration visa, which includes all work, study, and training immigration routes into the UK.
What Documents you need to apply for UK Migration?
Every visa is different, therefore has unique requirements in terms of document submission. Prospective candidates must carefully analyze each requirement before making the final submission. Below is just a general list of documents that you must have while filing the application for UK immigration:
- A copy certificate of sponsorship reference number (in case of Tier 1 General Visa).
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Copy of bank statement to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds or personal savings to support yourselves in UK.
- a current passport or travel document to prove you can travel - you need a blank page in your passport for your visa
- Copy of expired passports or travel related documents to show your travel history.
- Medical test results, especially tuberculosis, in case you come from a listed country
- Copy of criminal record certificates.
Even if you seek more information about How to Immigrate to UK you can write an email on email@example.com and one of the most experience immigration consultants will get in touch with you to help you out with your questions and concerns or you can also choose to call us on +91-8595338595 or directly interact with the expert through our Live Chat window.