Canada PR Visa is the most sought-after immigration pathway globally. The prime immigration program, Express Entry, is a recognized and most preferred pathway among the immigration aspirants. Moreover, it has the most straightforward application process with faster processing times. The immigration authority in Canada has a robust mechanism to grant approvals to qualified individuals that reduces the waiting period and streamline the process.
Under the Canadian permanent residence program, there are many pathways:
- Express Entry – Canada Express Entry is the primary immigration federal pathway for all the skilled professionals with a faster process. Under this system, there are three economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW) – It is for all Skilled workers with a minimum of 1 year of work experience in their native country. All the skilled professionals such as sales, marketing, legal, business consulting, IT, finance, medicine, etc., fall under this category.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FST) – The stream is for professionals qualified in a skilled trade with experience in their native country. The occupations such as Chefs, bakers, equipment operators, etc., fall under this category.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC) – The route is for those Skilled workers who have work experience in Canada.
- Provincial Nominee: It is an alternative option for skilled professionals who have low CRS Scores. Each Canadian Province has its provincial nominee program that allows Canada Immigration to experienced professionals who meet the skills and labor requirements of the province.
- Family Sponsorship – Under this program, Canadian Residents and Citizens can sponsor their overseas family members, including their spouse, partner, children, parents, and grandparents.
- Quebec-selected skilled worker – The francophone province of Quebec has a separate Immigration program who wish to live in Quebec specifically.
- Canada Startup Visa – It is federal business immigration for those who can set up a startup in Canada. One must have a unique business idea approved by the designated investment body to generate employment in Canada. There is no direct investment requirement.
- Self-Employed Program – The program is for self-employed individuals who can continue their self-employment activities by contributing culturally, economically, or socially to Canada.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot - Applicants who wish to migrate to Canada, specifically to Atlantic Provinces (New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, or Newfoundland and Labrador), the program is for you. It would help if you had a job offer from any of these provinces to be eligible.
Below is the detailed application process and processing time of Canada PR Visa:
- Step 1 – Mark your eligibility under Canada Points Calculator
- You can use the Canada Immigration Points Calculator to verify your eligibility for the program. You need to score a minimum of 67 points on the factors of age, education, work experience, language proficiency, and adaptability to the labor market
- Step 2 – Choose a suitable occupation as per National Occupation Classification (NOC) Code
- According to your occupation, profile, and work experience, you need to select an appropriate occupation code from the NOC list. Your NOC code will be essential for the immigration and Canada PNP process.
- Step 3 – Education Credential Assessment (ECA) – Processing time (30 to 45 days)
- To evaluate the Canadian equivalency of your attained qualifications, you need to submit your academic degrees and diplomas to relevant assessment authorities in Canada. These assessment authorities are WES, ICAS, IQAS, etc.
- Step 4 – English Language Proficiency Exam (IELTS or PTE) - Processing time (Depends on the test date)
- You need to take the English language exam and score minimum bands - Reading 7, Writing 6, Speaking 6, and writing 6 to meet the language proficiency parameter for your process.
- Step 5 – Arrange all documents and submit Expression of Interest – Processing Time (one day)
- Submit your Expression of Interest in the CIC account by uploading all the necessary documents such as academic documents, employment documents, ECA, and IELTS reports.
- Step 6 – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score and Invitation - Processing Time (Depends on the CRS score)
- After submitting the EOI in the CIC, you will receive a specific CRS score. It would be best if you scored high to improve your chances of selection in the Express Entry Draw. If your CRS score falls under the Express Entry Draw Cut-off score, then you will receive the Invitation to Apply (ITA) for a Canada PR visa
- Step 7 – ITA Submission & Payment - Processing Time (60 days is given for application submission)
- Once you receive the Invitation to Apply from an express entry draw, you need to submit the ITA application with all the relevant documents and pay the residence fees.
- Step 8 – Passport Request and Visa Stamping - Processing Time (20 to 30 days)
- After ITA submission, you will receive a Passport Request via mail, and then you must go to the nearby visa processing center for the biometrics process and visa stamping.
If you wish to have a smooth Canada Immigration process, you can register for our free immigration counseling and guidance. For more details, you can write an email at [email protected], or you can also choose to call us on (+91)-859 533 8595 or directly interact with the expert through our Live window.