Are you planning to start or expand your business in the Netherlands? Do you have a unique startup business idea that can thrive in the Netherlands? As a country that promotes entrepreneurial spirit, the Netherlands has always welcomed foreign investors and businesses with the potential to make it big in their field. The Netherlands startup visa allows non-EEE/EU nationals who want to obtain a residence permit in the Netherlands by launching their startup.
The Startup Visa is a top-rated immigration program for innovative startups from non-European Union (EU) and European Free Trade Association (EFTA) countries. Launched in 2015, this visa program seeks to stimulate entrepreneurship, generate employment opportunities, and stimulate economic growth as a part of the Netherlands business visa.
Top Reasons to Start a Business in the Netherlands
There are so many compelling reasons to establish a business in the Netherlands:
- Strategic location for your business
- Superb quality of life
- Multi-cultural and well-educated workforce
- International business environment
- Best-of-breed infrastructure
- Collaborative business environment that helps you reach your potential
- Best market to test and launch your product in the market
- Competitive fiscal climate
- Attractive corporate tax scheme
Who is eligible for the Netherlands Start-up visa?
One must fulfil the following Netherlands investment visa requirements to apply for this visa:
- Your startup idea should have a new, innovative organisational approach.
- The startup own must present a step-by-step plan to develop their business idea.
- Your new business must be registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
- You must have sufficient financial resources to support yourself in the Netherlands.
- You must partner with a recognized facilitator who can provide you with a tailor-made package of support depending on the specific needs of your company.
- As the founder, you must be actively involved in the daily operations and decision-making of the startup.
Who is a recognised facilitator?
The facilitator offers guidance and support while you are establishing and developing your startup in the Netherlands. A facilitator can support you in several ways, depending on the nature and needs of your startup, including investment acquisition, market exploration, business operations, research and development, etc.
Applicants applying under the Netherlands entrepreneur’s visa must get support from a facilitator recognized by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO). It ensures the facilitator is reliable, financially sound, and has experience guiding new businesses.
How do I know if my product is innovative?
Before applying for the Netherlands startup visa 2023, applicants must prove their product or service is innovative by meeting one of the following three conditions:
- The service or product is new in the Netherlands.
- The business introduces a new technology for production, distribution or marketing of the product.
- The business involves a new organisational or procedural approach.
Application Process of Netherlands Startup Visa
The following steps will explain the process of applying for the Netherlands investment visa:
- The application for the Netherlands startup visa starts by getting support from a recognized facilitator who is willing to support your startup. A facilitator will assess the viability of your idea and provide the necessary endorsement.
- Once you have secured the endorsement, submit your startup visa application by providing details about your startup, your business plan, and personal information.
- Now, select the location of your proposed business and register with the local council, where you will need to submit the residency application.
- Establish and register your startup business with the Chamber of Commerce and acquire the VAT number from the Tax and Customs Administration.
- Appear for an interview with the Dutch Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) to further evaluate your startup concept and commitment (If required).
- Upon successful evaluation, you will receive a residence permit for a minimum of one year, with the provision of an extension for another two years if your startup shows progress under Netherlands Business Visa 2023.
Setting up a business in the Netherlands
Setting up a business in the Netherlands requires various steps and administrative actions. Keep reading the steps below to get your startup up and running in the Netherlands.
- First, determine the structure of your business that aligns with the activities and goals of your startup. The BV (Besloten Vennootschap) is the most popular choice for entrepreneurs under the Netherlands investment visa.
- Prepare the documents for incorporation, primarily the Articles of Association. These documents must highlight the rules and regulations regarding your company’s operations.
- Submit all the required documents to the local office of the Trade Register.
- Registration with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (KVK) is mandatory for every business. Once your company is registered at the Chamber of Commerce, the details will be passed to the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration (Belastingdienst).
- When starting a new business in the Netherlands, it’s essential to comply with national and European regulations and apply for business permits or licenses that apply to your field of business.
- After company registration, register for taxation, including corporate tax and VAT (Value Added Tax).
- Register your startup and its employees for social security contributions. This step ensures that your employees have access to necessary social benefits.
Abhinav Immigration Services- Your Partner in Planning a Dream Life
Since 1994, we have helped thousands of clients in planning their business migration journey. Our team of 100+ professionals works rounds the clock to provide you with unparalleled global relocation services. We create and implement personalized and holistic business visa strategies for immigrant entrepreneurs and investors who want to become global citizens, maximize their freedom, enjoy global mobility, and reduce tax burdens.
So, if you have a unique business idea, the Netherlands Startup Visa can be your ultimate golden ticket to Europe. For more information on the Netherlands Startup Visa, you can reach our business visa counselors at 8595338595 or mail us at [email protected]