This is good news for all the Skilled Workers and Professionals who wish to immigrate to the UK. According to UK Government's declaration, from 1st Jan 2021 onwards, EU and non-EU citizens will be treated equally for migration. The UK government has re-structured the immigration level. It prefers those professionals with the highest skills and most extraordinary talents - scientists, engineers, academics, and other highly-skilled workers.
What is a UK point based visa for the working class?
- The UK has introduced a points-based system immigration system that allows the country to choose the best talents worldwide.
- Under the "points-based system," predominantly skills and language factors are the deciding factor to permit the skilled professionals in the UK.
- The points system is designed in-line with Canada, Australia, and New Zealand's immigration process.
- Applicants will have to meet the eligibility criteria of 70 points under different factors such as UK Job Offer, Language Proficiency, high education qualifications, and a high-paying job offer from the UK.
Under the new points-based immigration UK, there are primarily four "tiers" of visa application:
- Temporary workers
- Skilled workers
- "High-value" migrants (people with "exceptional talent" or investors)
Along with the categories above, there are other visas, such as family visas (spouses and relatives).
How do the UK Points-based skilled worker visas work?
Below is the points break-up for all the applicants applying for UK immigration:
- Applicants with English Language Proficiency - 10 points
- Candidates with a job offer or sponsorship - 20 points
- If the job has proper skill level - 20 points
- UK's Job salary range from £20,480 to £23,039 - 0 points (However, will be eligible)
- UK's Job salary range between £23,040 to £25,599 - 10 points
- UK's Job salary range is more than £25,600 - 20 points
- If UK job falls under the shortage occupation list - 20 points
- Applicant having Ph.D. Qualification - 10 points
- Applicant having Ph.D. degree in STEM (science, technology, engineering, or maths) - 20 points
- Skill level: The applicant must bring the skills threshold down from RQF6 (Bachelors) to RQF3 (Level A) Higher education diploma
- To be eligible, the applicant must score 70 points from the parameters mentioned above
What are UK Immigration routes?
Under the new points-based system, UK immigration from India will become swiftest and accessible due to consideration of skilled workers from NON-EU countries. Below are the proposed routes:
- Sponsored Route: This is an Employer led system wherein applicants have to acquire the job offer from the UK employer
- Must acquire Job offer from the approved sponsor in the UK
- The job must be under the required skill level
- Must be fluent in the English Language
- Must acquire the job with a minimum salary threshold
- Global Talent route: The stream will be opened to that highly skilled professional who can meet the required points. They can come to the UK without a job offer if a competent body sponsors them.
Even if you seek more information about UK Skilled Worker Visa you can write an email on email@example.com and one of the most experience immigration consultants will get in touch with you to help you out with your questions and concerns or you can also choose to call us on +91-8595338595 or directly interact with the expert through our Live Chat window.