For the past few years, Australia has witnessed an unprecedented growth in the number of immigrants. Better career possibilities, high-quality life, and clean environment, are some of the common reasons that majority of people, especially Indians are flocking to this country.
Since, many people dream of migrating to Australia, only a few of them knows the exact procedure or documentation work involved. So, in this article we have noted down all relevant points one must know before applying for an Australian PR from India.
So, What is an Australian PR Visa?
A permanent resident visa is granted for the non-citizens of Australia, who wish to permanently live and work in Australia. The program follows a very strict and systematic procedure for evaluating an individual’s credentials and Australia Permanent Residency Points before granting the visa.
Once the Australian Resident Visa is acquired, the PR holder can stay in the country for an indefinite period of time and also enjoy various privileges such as right to work, travel, and free healthcare as a residence of Australia. They can also travel outside Australia and return until the visa is expired.
An Australian permanent resident is also eligible to apply for a citizenship after 5 years of living in the country. They need to undergo a citizenship test along with a few other formalities before obtaining the citizenship.
What are the Benefits of an Australian PR Visa?
- As a PR visa holder, one can work, live, and study in any part of Australia. They also have the freedom to travel within and outside Australia for an unlimited time period.
- Permanent residents enjoy every right of an Australian citizen, except they cannot vote in state/territory or federal elections and apply for government jobs.
- A PR visa holder can sponsor his/her family members, partner, dependent children, and other relatives to Australia for either permanent or temporary.
- Free access to healthcare, social security payment benefits, and insurance, etc.
- Children of Permanent Residents born in Australia will be citizens by birth.
How to Apply for Australia Permanent Resident Visa?
In order to start an Australian permanent resident visa process from India, one needs to follow a stepwise process to ensure the chances of success. First, they must choose an appropriate visa category, evaluate eligibility, and then submit an Expression of Interest to SkillSelect.
Candidates of selected profiles will be given an invite to apply for the visa. For this, it’s crucial to gather all documents and enclose them with application within a period of 60 days.
Important: Under the new arrangement, now it has been made compulsory for every migrant motivated with the points based skilled migration, and/or business investment & innovation permit plans to suitably submit an EOI, before they gain an invite, so that they can present a submission for an Australia Permanent Resident Visa.
Skilled Select for Australia PR Visa Eligibility Criteria or PR Visa Process:
1. It is necessary to express an interest in the proper permit for your specific situations. Skilled permit choices are presented on the Skilled Migrant Visa.
2. Check if your profession is really qualified for skilled overseas movement, via going through the applicable Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
3. Learn the particular requirements for the permit you could be eager to grab. Just a handful of skilled visa choices are obtainable, via Skill Select.
4. Make certain that every document of yours is in perfect order prior to you begin your online EOI. Until you furnish proof of every necessary paper/certificate; for instance, an IELTS Test & skills evaluation, you will not have a complete EOI in the Skill Select.
5. Go through the ‘Getting started’ manual guide given on the Skill Select support site to find out step-by-step instructions related to entering your EOI particulars.
6. Register the unique EOI identification number that is created once you have generated your EOI profile. The particular number will be your username when you log-in to Skill Select. Do not forget your security question answers. In case do you not remember your password it will be the lone method to reset the same.
7. When you fill-out the EOI questions, it is essential that you take your time and guarantee that you really know the questions. In case you get stuck, and/or don’t really figure-out a question employ the question mark icons. These offer important information to assist you answer.
8. Bring up-to-date your particulars in your EOI as soon as your situations undergo any changes. The same will make certain that your updated particulars are given consideration in the subsequent automatic invitation round.
9. An invite to present a visa submission could be given inside a short timeframe post you present your EOI. It is vital that you are in a position to support the claims that you make in your EOI with documents, and have this ready to offer at the time of making your petition.
10. Go through the monthly reports tab on the web page of the Skill Select even while these point-out the figure of the invites issued for the automatic invitation round held before. The same also gives a breakdown of the figure of the invites given against every profession mentioned on the SOL.
Australia Skilled Immigration Visa Types:
Following are the various Australian Skilled Visa types you can check your eligibility criteria through - Australia Permanent Resident Visa Eligibility Criteria.
- Australia Skilled Workers Occupation List is Now Open For 2016-2017
- Australia Occupation Lists, Schedule-1 & Schedule-2 - July 2016
- Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) Visa
- Skilled - Nominated (Subclass 190) Visa
- Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored Provisional (Subclass 489) Visa
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) Visa
- Business Innovation and Investment Provisional (Subclass 188) Visa
- Australia Shortage Work (Subclass 457) Visa
- Business Innovation and Investment Residence (Subclass 888) Visa
- Business Talent Migrant (Subclass 132) Visa
Australia Immigration Information
Even if you seek more information about Australian PR Visa you can write an email on email@example.com and one of the most experience immigration consultants will get in touch with you to help you out with your questions and concerns or you can also choose to call us on +91-8595338595 or directly interact with the expert through our Live Chat window.