Reunite with Your Loved Ones with Australia Family Visa
Australia is a country which has always encouraged family migration to Australia and integration of multiple ethnicities to improve nation’s economic and social fabric. It’s a way to provide families opportunities to establish their roots in the country and prosper together. Keeping this in mind, the Department of Home Affairs in Australia offers a range of family visas to help Australian citizens and permanent residents to bring their dependent family members, parents, partners, and children in Australia on a temporarily or permanent basis. These visas are specifically sponsored by the Australian citizens or permanent residents, and eligible New Zealand citizens.
Following are the different categories of family visas that the sponsoring person may choose from to bring their family members/dependents to Australia:
- Partner visa
- Prospective marriage visa
- Parent visa
- Other family visa
Let’s discuss all categories of Family visa Australia in detail:
Partner Visa- Temporary and Permanent Visa
Also known as Subclass 801, the Partner Visa for Australia allows the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen or permanent resident to migrate to Australia. The visa is applicable for married partners, same sex partners, and or a fiancée/fiancé of an Australian citizen, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Your application for Partner Visa to Australia must be lodged or sponsored by your partner already living in Australia for a period of two years.
Basic Requirements for Partner Visa Australia
You are eligible to apply for the partner visa Australia if you meet the following requirements:
- Both partners must be 18 years of age or above;
- The applicant must be spouse/fiancé/ de facto partner of the person residing in Australia.
- Your spouse must be able to sponsor you for at least two years.
- For married couples, it is important to prove your relationship for more than 12 months as well as legit under the Australian Law.
- For de facto partners, they must demonstrate the length of your relationship for at least 12 months.
- Must provide sufficient proofs to establish the credibility of your relationship.
- Must satisfy health and character requirements.
Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)
The prospective marriage visa for Australia is created for people who want to get married to an Australia permanent resident or citizen or an eligible New Zealand citizen. The visa is valid for 9 months only, during which you must marry your prospective partner. The holder of Subclass 300 is eligible to apply for a full-time job or study in this 9-month period at your own expense. Once you are married, you may then go ahead to apply for a partner visa which will ultimately lead to your Australia permanent resident status.
Eligibility Criteria for Prospective Marriage Visa:
To be eligible for a Prospective Marriage Visa, you must satisfy the below-mentioned criteria:
- Both partners must be 18 years or above
- You must be engaged to an Australian permanent resident, or a citizen, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand.
- Your visa application must be sponsored by your prospective spouse/partner.
- You must be intended to marry each other within 9-months’ period
- Meet necessary health and character requirements
- Must clear all your debts to the Australia government, in case you have any.
Salient Features of Prospective Marriage Visa:
- The intended marriage must be recognized or legal under Australian law
- You must have met your partner in person during the course of your relationship
- You must not be married to anyone else while lodging the application
- You are genuine in your intentions to live together as husband and wife
Parent Visa (Subclass 103)
It’s a permanent resident visa that permits the eligible parents of Australian citizens or permanent residents to reunite with their children in Australia. Under Australia parent visa, you’ll be sponsored by your child settled in the country.
The parent visa for Australia can be further divided into three categories:
Parent Category- The visa category allows Australian citizens or permanent residents to sponsor their parents or family to join them in Australia either temporary or permanently.
Contributory Parent- The contributory parent visa comprises a number of visa pathways or migration programs. By applying for this visa, you may stay in Australia as a permanent resident. However, in order to qualify for this visa, you must meet the balance-of-family test, which means half of your children must be living as lawful Australian residents or citizens.
Also, you must submit an Assurance of Support for a permanent visa in the aforementioned category. The same is not mandatory for people applying for the Retirement Pathway.
Sponsored Parent- It’s a temporary visa category introduced in March 2019 to help parents or grandparents to join their children in Australia. The visa pathway allows a parent to live in Australia for a period of five years without much limitations, however, the said parent must be outside for at least 90 days before reapplying for this visa.
Aged Parent Visa- The visa is granted for older parents who wish to live in Australia with their children, who are already Australian residents or citizens. The prospective parents must be sponsored by their children before applying for this visa.
Eligibility Requirements for Parent Visa
To be eligible for Australia Parent visa, you must:
- be sponsored by an eligible child, who is already settled in Australia as resident or citizen.
- Parents who are applying as a retiree do not need any sponsor for this visa
- Meet the balance-of-family test, which means half of your children must be lawfully living in Australia.
- Be able to obtain an assurance of support
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Have cleared all your debts with the government of Australia, in case you have
Australia parent visa cost may go up to AUD6,415, and no additional fee will be charged for each family member who applies with you.
Child Visa (Subclass 101)
A child born outside Australia to an Australian citizen or permanent resident, do not become a citizen by default, unlike those getting born in Australia. In such scenario, the parent must apply for a Child Visa that comes under subclass 101.
Child Visa is granted for up to 25 years of age. And, the prospective child must remain outside Australia till the time his/her visa application is under process.
Categories of Child Visa:
There are basically three categories of Child Visa:
Adoption (Subclass 102)- This is a permanent resident visa for a child who is born outside Australia, and is below 18 years of age, and has been adopted earlier or in the process of being adopted by an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Orphan Relative Visa (Subclass 117/ Subclass 837)- The Orphan Relative is a visa category that allows an Orphan child overseas (below 18 years) to live with his/her relatives in Australia. To apply for this visa, the parents of the child must be dead, incapacitated or unable to found.
Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)- The stream is applicable for children whose parents are the holders of temporary partner visa, and in the process of obtaining the permanent visa in Australia.
Basic Requirements of Child Visa:
To be eligible for child visa Australia, you must:
- Be dependent on sponsored parents who are Australian permanent residents or citizens, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- The child must be over 18 years of age or under 25 years.
- Be not married to anyone or in a de facto relationship
- Must meet health and character requirements along with parents applying for this visa
- be either a biological/adopted /step-child of the parent who holds temporary partner visa.
Other Family Visa
Other family visa pathways are created for dependent relatives, caregivers, and other relatives of residents and citizens of Australia and New Zealand. The visa permits the eligible relatives to migrate to Australia permanently, upon meeting the following requirements:
- The prospective applicant must be sponsored by a relative who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- The applicant must demonstrate sufficient evidence to prove their connection in Australia.
- Must provide an assurance of support.
- Meet health and character requirements
Salient Features of Other Family Visa:
- The holder of this visa can work and study in Australia without any restrictions.
- Take the benefit of health care facilities along with social security
- May apply for Australian citizenship after a certain period
- Sponsor other people for permanent residence
Evaluation by Abhinav Immigration
Our team of dedicated experts assess your profile carefully and suggest relevant options accordingly. Get in touch with us today to know the steps and procedures to follow under Australia family immigration.
Processing & Services by Abhinav Immigration
We at Abhinav are committed to offer unbeatable services when it comes to assessing documents for your family visa application. As one of leading immigration consultants in India, we strive to provide a comprehensive range of immigration and advisory services to families, individuals, and investors who wish to move to Australia and kick-start a new life in world’s most developed economy.