HongKong Immigration Information
Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission scheme seeks to draw highly skilled fresh overseas immigrants for the motto of enhancing country's economy further. These forthcoming immigrants are the ones intending to reside in Hong Kong to discover employment or business startup prospects. The successful lot out of them has the freedom to bring their spouse and dependent children (should be unmarried and under the age of 18) under the condition to support them financially on their own resources.
Eligibility Criteria for Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)
The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme is a quota-based entrant scheme in Hong Kong that was implemented in the year 2006. This is meant for skilled individuals and entrepreneurs who wish to stay in Hong Kong in order to pursue professional career and start up businesses respectively. To be eligible to secure entry into the port city under the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme, applicants must satisfy a number of prerequisites, along with clearing a points-based test and competing for quota allocation.
Here are the basic eligibility criteria for applicants of the Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
- AGE: Applicants must be minimum 18 years old at the time of filing application.
- FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be capable of supporting themselves financially in getting accommodation, as well as providing support to their dependants.
- CHARACTER: Applicants must boast a good character and must not possess any criminal record or previous negative immigration record in Hong Kong. The applicant should be able to provide Police clearance certificate for all countries where he/she has stayed for more than 12 months in last 10 years.
- LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: Applicants must have the proficiency on written, as well as spoken English or Chinese. Applicants with a score of average of 6.0 in IELTS are eligible to apply under QMAS.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: Applicants must have a good background when it comes to education. Ideally, an applicant should have an undergraduate degree, earned from a recognized university/institution in first class. If an applicant does not possess a degree, his/her technical qualifications, professional experience and achievements are taken into consideration. Applicants with higher post graduate degrees stand an excellent chance in getting application accepted.
Point based test
Applicants meeting the basic eligibility criteria as mentioned above must meet the minimum pass mark requirements under a points-based test system. The minimum pass mark is subject to change without notice.
General Points Test
Under this test, points are awarded on the basis of a number of factors, such as:
- Age: Younger the better, but those in early 30's get the maximum advantage
- Academic/professional qualifications: Higher the qualifications, better it is. Degree qualifications in first class and honors are favorably considered. Those with master's degree or double master's degree or still higher qualification like PhD have a definite advantage.
- Work experience: Applicants with decision making capability stand the best chance. More the numbers of years of experience, better it is!
- Language proficiency: Principal applicant is expected to have a minimum score of 6.0 average score under the IELTS factor.
- Family factors such as spousal qualifications and number of children and their age.
The minimum passing mark under the General Points Test is 80 out of total 165 points.
Achievement-based Points Test
The Achievement-based Points Test is formatted to attract foreign nationals with distinctive talent/skill and excellent achievements. Applicants can score points under this test on the basis of any of the following factors:
- On receiving award(s) for distinctive achievement, such as a Nobel Prize or an Olympic medals;
- On getting acknowledgment for significant contribution to a particular field. A lifetime achievement award in a particular industry is good example of that.
Interested in Immigrating to Hong Kong? Remember, even qualified businessmen and self-employed can also apply under the points-based test system! Kindly mail the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org right now!
- Your updated resume/ brief business profile
- If married, also resume of your spouse with clear mention of her age and qualifications
- If applicable, information on children and their age
Application Process for Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)
Hong Kong immigration experts at Abhinav cater to the entire application processing to all the clients interested to live and work in Hong Kong. For your convenience, we have delineated the application process as follows:
Selection of Applicants: As an applicant, you would be allotted to a particular quota of applicants. During the time of processing, you must meet all the prerequisites as well as clear all the individual requirements by scoring a minimum pass mark. This applies to both - the General Points Test and Achievement-based Points Test, wherein you need to obtain the one-point scoring factor.
You would then be ranked with all the other applicants based on your scores. If you are among the high ranking or scoring applicants, you would be short listed for further evaluation. Here, the decision would be taken by both the Director of Immigration as well as the Advisory Committee (members consist of official and non-official members selected by the Chief Executive of the HKSAR). You would be assessed based on the socio-economic needs of Hong Kong along with other relative factors. The Advisory Committee would then recommend the Director on the best way to go about the allocation of the quotas for each selection process. If you are a high scoring applicant, you might not need to be a part of the quota allotment. The final decision is then published on the website of the Immigration Department.
Approval-in-Principle: If you have been allotted a quota in the above step, you would be issued an approval letter. This is known as the Approval-in-Principle letter. You would then have to come to Hong Kong for an interview. You must present all their original documents with the Immigration Department. However, an Approval-in-Principle letter is not a visa and does not indicate a guaranteed entry or reside permanently in the nation.
Issuance of Entry Visa/Entry Permit: After all your documents have been verified to a satisfactory level, you would be issued an entry permit/entry visa under this scheme allowing you to live in Hong Kong.
We as your immigrants consultants would keep you updated at all times regarding the various stages of the process. We would guide you accordingly at each step to make this phase completely hassle-free for you.
Interested in Immigrating to Hong Kong? Remember, even qualified businessmen and self-employed can also apply under the points-based test system! Kindly mail the following information to email@example.com today!
Even if you seek more information about Immigrating to Hong Kong you can write an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the most experience immigration consultants will get in touch with you to help you out with your questions and concerns or you can also choose to call us on +91-8595338595 or directly interact with the expert through our Live Chat window.