According to the concerned Quebec minister, online applications for the well-known Quebec Skilled Worker Programme (QSWP) will be put on hold until June 13, this year.
Earlier in February, a large number of probable immigrants, who had already generated an account in the online application management arrangement Mon projet Québec, made efforts to log in to the arrangement with a view to present their application. However, the site was out-of-the-way, thanks to server breakdown. It was the latest in a chain of technical malfunctions that had taken place since Mon projet Québec was initially started on January 5, last year.
Through the QSWP, successful candidates together with their families may get the prized Canadian permanent resident position, post obtaining a Quebec Selection Certificate/certificat de selection du Québec (CSQ), from the province’s administration.
QSWP--Fresh Application Submission Dates
- Not more than 5,000 petitions will be admitted during the period June 13 to June 20, 2016. The said intake period will be confined to the roughly 41,000 applicants who had generated a Mon projet Québec account in the month of January even as Mon projet Québec is not planned to open for fresh registrations prior to the June intake period.
- When the said figure is reached, candidates who lack an account may generate one. For the time of the second period, the dates of which will be decided shortly, the Ministère will also get 5,000 petitions.
- The declaration that a maximum of 5,000 petitions will be entertained in June, and an additional 5,000 at a later date, is expected to be welcomed by aspirants who have made an account in Mon projet Québec, since the preceding planned quota was fixed at 2,800 petitions to be entertained.
As per the minister, the steps in question send a rather clear message to those who have had to face disappointments earlier.