Country
ABHINAV does not offer consultancy on overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.

Population of Down Under Exceeds 24 Million with Roughly 30% Born Abroad

Online Payment

As per statistics from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), the nation’s populace has hit a landmark 24 million with migration playing a decisive role in the increase.

Significantly, the population clock is basically a sign of the present inhabitants, and it is based on forecast duly worked-out employing births and deaths information from the ABS & migration numbers from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).

The ABS shared particulars of the manner the nation’s population has changed over the years and the way the new entrants have added to the unique diversity of the country’s inhabitants.

When Oz became a Federation way back during 1901, its populace stood at 3.7 million. From then, it took the nation 58 years to hit a populace of 10 million even while by 1964, it (the populace) was heading north by a million every 4 to 5 years.

According to a concerned person from the ABS, since touching 20 million-mark in the late 2003, there has been a gap of nearly three years between every million person rise, with the population touching the mark of 21 million in 2007, 22 million in 2010, and 23 million in 2013.

He elucidated since 2006, net overseas movement has been the propeller of the nation’s annual population rise. The same peaked in 2009, with 66% of the nation’s rise being credited to overseas movement. The latest data from June 2015 points-out net overseas migration making a contribution of as much as 53% to the country’s entire growth, with the rest of the 47% rise to natural augmentation.

The statistics made available also provides an suggestion of where people reside and how the same has undergone transformation. During 1901, not more than two Australian states boasted of a population of more than 1 million persons with New South Wales (NSW) boasting of a populace of 1.4 million and Victoria 1.2 million inhabitants.

By 1968, South Australia (SA) & Queensland also housed more than 1 people at 1.1 million and 1.7 million in that order, even as Victoria and NSW had reached 3.3 million & 4.4 million mark in that order. WA witnessed high rise from the 1970s, going beyond the populace of SA in 1982 only to hit a mark of 2 million people in 2005.

In 2015, NSW kept on being the state with the largest people at 7.6 million, succeeded by Victoria at 5.9 million, even as Greater Sydney made up 64% of the populace of the NSW and Melbourne made 76% of Victoria.

Allegedly, the configuration of the inhabitants of the Kangaroo Land has undergone major changes between the 1970s and nowadays. During 1971, nearly 28.7% of the population were children aged up to 14 years, 63% were between 15 and 64 years and 8.3% of the inhabitants were aged 65 and above.

 

Quick Enquiry