If you are a holder of the Subclass 491 visa or Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa or Subclass 494 or Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa? If yes, you are temporary visa holder who needs to live in a designated area of Australia for a minimum of 3 years before you can apply for permanent residency through the Subclass 191 or Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa. 

Recently, this pathway for permanent settlement in Australia has been activated, the date being 16th November, 2022. Under this visa scheme now temporary residents living in the designated areas of areas and have been nominated according to the regional labour needs and requirements, shall be able to change their status to a permanent one. 

Though the announcement of this pathway had been made way back in April 2019 it is on 16th November that it has been activated. With this visa you can not only stay permanently in Australia, but can even work or study anywhere within Australia. 

Not only this you can as a permanent resident with hold of this visa, apply for citizenship of Australia and be covered under their Medicare as well as sponsor qualifying close family members to come to Australia and live for an indefinite period of time. 

It was the Migration Amendment (New Skilled Regional Visas) Regulations 2019 that has gone in to the birth of both the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 491) and the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Subclass 494 visa

The enactment of 191 visa has been on hold for 3 years as the requirement to even be able to apply for this visa is to stay for a minimum of 3 years in a designated area of Australia. For the holders of this visa, this week is extremely important in terms of gaining their permanent residency. 

The Subclass 191 visas has been divided in to two streams of the Regional Provisional stream and the Hong Kong stream. The stream of Regional Provisional shall start from 16 November 2022. To know more, you can reach us at 8595338595 or mail us at [email protected]

Quick Enquiry

I hereby authorize to send notifications on SMS/ Messages/ Promotional/ informational messages