As per a report, the newest Canada Study Permit regulations--announced on July 13, 2016--are affecting the students from abroad. The laws were made public by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). According to the latest rules, Study Permits can be given just for the time-frame of the prerequisite studies even as the same may be a language course.

Post the completion of the studies, it is compulsory for the students to submit an application for a further Study Permit for duly covering the time-frame of the planned post-secondary academic/technical scheme. Before the new Study Permit laws came into existence, Ottawa offered single Study Permit for the whole length of both study schemes.


Under the new regulations, the overseas students will register in any language course in the nation for the period of one year. It will aid them reach the English/French language requirements of Designated Learning Institution (DLI). The same may be a college/university.

In case a global is keen to do a post-secondary degree in the Maple Leaf Country, he identifies the course he wishes to register for. But, to get admission, it is mandatory that the student show his linguistic capability. The same is via any test comprising either the CAEL or the IELTS. There is a need of a language course to obtain the target level. A language school in the nation requires to be duly identified for assisting get academic goals.

Previously, a solo Study Permit was given for language school and the following degree portion of the student’s time in the nation for studying purpose. However, the change denotes a single Study Permit shall be offered for the course.


Quick Enquiry

I hereby authorize to send notifications on SMS/ Messages/ Promotional/ informational messages