The Canada Start-up Visa Program offers the prized Permanent Residence (PR) to the prospective immigrants having exciting ideas that can contribute to the Canadian economy and society. Anyone can apply under the program, be it – a Skilled professionals, Self-employed, Entrepreneurs and Investors.
The program permits a group of maximum 5 applicant(s) to apply together, while one from the group may have the idea that meets the guidelines, others may contribute in different spheres of establishing the business enterprise. Thus, each applicant gets independent PR visa with spouse and accompanying dependents.
- 12-18 months of faster application processing time.
- Unconditional permanent residence visa.
- The visa holder can live anywhere in Canada.
- Easy to meet IELTS score requirements of CLB 5 - Listening 5/ Reading 4/ Writing 5/ Speaking 5 - for the principal applicant.
- Entitled to all social security benefits including highly subsidized higher education for children and free medical facilities.
- No minimal requirements for education.
- No special-skills required.
- No requirement to demonstrate minimum net worth.
- No minimum income requirements.
- No requirement for minimum investment.
Start-up PR visa for Canada – Who Should Apply?
- The program offers an opportunity to all the applicants waiting in the Express Entry Pool (EEP), having a lower CRS score and not very hopeful of getting an invite to apply, to get Canada unconditional permanent residence.
- The Program offers an excellent alternate option for applicants who are looking forward to migrating to Canada under permanent residency options like Quebec Immigrant investor program (Quebec IIP), but are not meeting the eligibility criteria for one reason or the other or otherwise are unable to afford the required investment.
- The Program does not have extensive pre-conditions that come attached with the Provincial Entrepreneur Programs (PNPs).
- Those successful applicants can make use of the facilities offered by the approving business incubator.
- The Program offers private sector firms with access to a broader range of entrepreneurs, including the finest talents from across the globe.
- Those who have qualified may get future returns on the basis of the negotiated percentage of ownership share in the business.
Scope of services
- Assessment of the planned Canadian business venture or business concept.
- Preparation/review of a Business Plan/idea.
- Assistance in compiling the Application package to a Business Incubator and wherever applicable, coaching for the interview and formal support.
- Help with the submission of the application to a Business Incubator.
- Guiding the clients on process leading to successful completion of a program of two weeks duration with the incubator, which will lead to – if successful - issuance of Certificate of Completion.
- This will be followed by issuance of a Letter of support from the Incubator.
- With the letter of support in place, application is filed for the Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) for the applicant, spouse and dependent children.
- After the candidate has met the medical and security inadmissibility requirements, PR visas are issued.