The Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) offers numerous easy-to-follow visa categories that suit the aspirants of all kinds. Right from Business Visas to Student Visas, from Tourist Visas to Skilled Worker Visas the number of visa kinds offered both permanent and provisional by the DHA is fairly big. To get any of these visas, it is compulsory to fulfill the obligatory Australian Immigration Requirements and pay the necessary visa fees.
While for the different permanent visa categories, you require fulfilling the compulsory Australian Permanent Residency requirements, which are comparatively harder to fulfill; for the impermanent categories, such as the Tourist Visas, you require fulfilling Temporary Visa requirements which are somewhat easier to meet.
Of all the categories of visas up-for-grabs, the Skilled Worker Visas enjoy widespread popularity. Offered through the General Skilled Migration (GSM) Programme, also known as SkillSelect, these visas necessitate fulfilling the compulsory Australia Work Visa requirements to obtain them.
Australia Visa Requirements for Skilled Worker Category
Skilled Worker Visas are permanent by nature and so you require fulfilling the mandatory Australian Permanent Residency Requirements in 2019 for these to get them this year.
- Age: As per the requirements for emigrating to Australia, under the visa category in question, you must be less than 45 years old when you submit an application.
- English Language: You should have adequate skills in the English language to do a job in the Maple Leaf Country (not less than at a skilled stage).
- Nominated Profession: At the time of submitting your application, you need to nominate a skilled line-of-work, which suits your particular abilities & qualifications. It is mandatory that the profession finds mention on the Australian Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List.
- Skills Assessment: Prior to you submit your petition, as per the Australian immigration requirements in 2019 and beyond for the specific visa category, you must have your skills duly assessed by the Australian reviewing organization chosen to review your nominated line-of-work (which will typically have particular qualifications conditions).
- Health Appraisal: As per the Australian visa application requirements for the particular category, your health must be practically good and you should not be suffering from any communicable disease that may present a danger to the well-being of the local Australians. You must have your health appraised by a panel doctor and go through a medical examination.
- Character Appraisal: You should be of a good character and there should be no criminal charges slapped against you even as this too will be reviewed.
- Get The Minimum Required Points: You require getting not less than 65 points on the points test to meet the Australian migration requirements for the specific visa category.
In case you cannot fulfill the mandatory Australian Immigration Requirements for the category and successfully sail through the Points Test, then you should not continue with a GSM application.