The Australia Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489) permit is basically meant for those skilled specialists and trades-persons from outside the nation, who have received nominations from any of the state or territory of Australia, or sponsorship from an eligible relative residing in any of the nation’s designated regions.
The permit is legally valid for duration of 4 years, and the holder has a right to live and get professionally engaged in a specific area. The applicants can mention the name of some of their family members in the petition for the visa.
The candidates who fail to fulfill the qualifying selection criteria for either Australia Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) or Australia Skilled State Sponsored (Subclass 190) for any given reason are advised to submit a petition for Australia Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489).
Eligibility Requirements of Subclass 489 Visa:
- You should, at first, present an Expression of Interest (EOI), and afterwards be invited, via Skill Select. In case an invite comes your way, you will have 60 days to file a petition online for the permit. For the duration of the period, you are not allowed to amend/improve the details mentioned in your EOI.
- To present a really effective EOI, it is crucial that your English language skills are really good, and you have a positive skills appraisal for your nominated line-of-work.
- Your permit submission, in all likelihood, will need several supporting certificates/papers, as given in the document checklist. Begin to compile your documents quite early, even before you present your EOI.
- Typically, you and your family require having suitable passports to receive the permit. In case you intend to obtain a fresh passport, it is important that you do the same before you file a petition for the permit. In case you acquire a new passport, post you have submitted your submission, share the specifics of your latest passport with one of the bureaus of the DIBP.
- You ought to be less than 50 years of age.
- You should have obtained the total specified in your letter of invitation, on the parameters of the factors mentioned in the points test.
Benefits of Subclass 489 Visa:
Under the Visa Subclass 489, you are entitled to receive several benefits such as:
- Maximum of 4 years will be given to reside in Australia which can be extended with citizenship.
- You may stay, undertake job, or pursue studies in the specified regional area of the country.
- The permit will give access to take a trip in and out of Australia as much as you desire.
- You also receive the provision of the much-needed Permanent Residence (PR) for Australia.
How to Apply for the Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)?
Visa Subclass 489 has two distinct pathways which is known as the Extended Stay pathway and the Invited Pathway.
The Extended Stay Pathway, Subclass 489 Visa
In order to apply for 489 Visa, you must meet all the requirements outlined and complete the Skilled Regional (Provisional) Renewal (subclass 489) visa application. The basic requirements for extended stay are:
- Suffice the health requirements
- Meet the character requirements
- Do not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government
- Willing to sign the Australian Values Statement
The Invited Pathway, Subclass 489 Visa
If you have not acquired a provisional visa before, then you are able to apply for the 489 Visa through the Invited Pathway. To receive an invitation to apply, you must be:
- Nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency, or
- Sponsored by an eligible relative living in a Designated area of Australia.
Subclass 489 Visa Processing Time:
489 visa processing time will take little longer but guarantees the complete benefit of the Visa. 75% of applications the processing time is 7 months and for 90% of the application, is 10 months.
Subclass 489 Visa Cost / Fees:
The visa fees for Primary Applicant under the Australia Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489) is 3755 AUD
Designated Areas of Australia
|State or Territory
|Aust Capital Territory
||Postcode areas 4019-4028, 4037-4050, 4079-4100, 4114, 4118, 4124-4150, 4158-4168, 4180-4899 (anywhere except Brisbane metropolitan area)
|New South Wales
||Post areas 2311-2312, 2328-2333, 2336-2490, 2535-2551, 2575-2739, 2787-2898 (anywhere except Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong)
Even if you seek more information about Australia skilled nominated subclass 489 you can write an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the most experience immigration consultants will get in touch with you to help you out with your questions and concerns or you can also choose to call us on +91-8595338595 or directly interact with the expert through our Live Chat window.