This occupation was previously referred as 1299-11 Research and Development Manager. Australian government seeks research and development manager. The last year budget (2011-2012) includes intake of 125,850 work visa.
Research and development manager plans, directs, organize, coordinate and control strategic plans and policy advice for organization. This occupation has level of skills commensurate with higher qualification or bachelor degree. If applicant does not have relevant qualification then at least 5 years of experience can substitute the formal qualification. In some cases job training or relevant experience is required in addition to formal qualification.
Information regarding skill level of each occupation is consistent in Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of occupation. This can be different from the requirements set by assessment authorities for obtaining skill assessment. This occupation is eligible for skilled migrant under the following eligible program- ENS- Employer Nomination Scheme, RSMS- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme, Temporary business (long stay), and Point Based Skilled migration visa.
Skill assessment is basically only required for some certain visa subclasses in skilled migration program. Applicant must check whether skill assessment is required for the visa subclasses they are applying for before contacting assessment authorities.
In general skilled migration program some occupation are only available for territory and state government agencies. Before applicant migrates to Australia as a skilled migrant one must have skill assessment by relevant national skill authority.
The assessment authority for this 132511- research and development manager occupation is Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS). VETASSESS management is responsible for development and implementation of the organizational strategies. They help individuals, industry group and training providers to achieve their assessment and learning goals.
If applicant want to claim points for work experience and qualification in which applicant is nominated or closely related, then he/she should forward all the required documents to skill assessing authorities. Based on applicant’s document the assessing authorities will provide advice to the department of immigration and citizenship on qualification and work experience bases. The department will consider the advice given by assessing authorities while awarding points to work experience and qualification.
In many occupations applicants are required to registered with or obtain a license from local authorities in territory or state where applicant want to practice the occupation.
Applicants under this occupation are benefit from becoming member of industry occupation for the applied occupation. This will help applicant with his/her employment network, prospect, contact with industry and professional development and it may also provide the important information and support.
- Implementing, determining and monitoring research and development, policies, plans and strategies
- Developing and implementing research project, targets, priorities to support policy and commercial development
- Leading major research projects and to coordinate activities for other research workers.
- Monitoring the cost and assessing the benefits and effectiveness of research and development activities.
- Interpretation of result of the research project and recommending associated services and product development innovation.
- To provide advice on research and development options available to the organization
- To monitor leading- edge developments in relevant disciplines and assessing implication for the organization.
- To publish result of significant research projects.