Are you a skilled Petroleum Engineer, and eager to work overseas? If YES, you would be perhaps more than happy to know that presently Australia requires experts like you even as your profession due finds mention in the Australian & New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) 233612.
You could be accepted for a lower needed pass mark in your points-grid work permit evaluation--and also for priority processing--to fast-track your visa-submission filed for a work permit.
What Petroleum Engineer Does
Among others, he:
- Carries-out the first-round reviews of the reserves involving mineral, petroleum & natural gas resources with the prospectors, Geologists, Geophysicists, other mineral scientists, besides other engineers, to find-out the resources available, the viability of mining the deposits, and the design & development of the removal procedure;
- Prepares operation and project expenditure estimations and production timetables, and reports the advancement, production and expenditures in relation to the budget;
- Prepares plans for tunnels & chambers, site & construction of mine shafts, the blueprint of mine development & the applying of right mining methods, frequently employing the computer replica;
- Takes a decision on the safety of procedures, order of mining, and security of the mine walls, examines the dangers of slippage, and offers counsel on the stoppage of the slippage & rock falls;
- Plans and manages the usage of labour and goods;
- Takes a decision on the site for drilling; and
- Works-out methods of managing the flow of gas & oil from the wells.
This profession has a level of expertise even as the same is proportionate with a Bachelor Degree or superior qualification. In certain cases-apart from the prescribed qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level--germane experience, and/or first-hand training, could be expected.
The aspirants in this profession could be entitled for skilled movement, through these visa-schemes: Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS), Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), Temporary Business (Long Stay) (Subcategory 457), & Points Based Skilled Migration Permit.