ABHINAV does not offer consultancy on student visas/ overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.

This job is all about planning, directing, controlling and coordinating the functions of a laboratory whether it is production or research. This occupation commands good management skills. The day to day functioning of a laboratory requires a good leadership as well as management. You should be excellent in time management as well. When you are the one leading the laboratory, managing your own time won’t be enough. You have to be capable of managing the time of all other workers in the laboratory. A sense of teamwork also should be created. Each and everyone should be aware of what the efforts are aiming at. Division of labour should also be practised. You have to be good enough to divide the work among your workers and also to coordinate it at the end.

This occupation comes under the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation list and in the RSMS occupation list while it is not under the Skilled Occupation list. The persons who want to pursue this career are eligible for migration under Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) and Points Based Skilled Migration visa. The applicants should obtain the pass mark so as to get the points based skilled migration visa. Even if the pass mark is not obtained, if you have the pool mark, there are chances that you might get qualified. If you do not get qualified, you can apply for ENS. You can apply for this visa if you are nominated by an approved Australian employer; you are not yet 50 years of age and make the skill, qualification and English language requirements.

The qualification requirement includes thorough knowledge about the laboratory, its equipments, the production techniques and research. This can be acquired by pursuing a bachelor’s degree in this field. It can also be developed by taking separate coaching classes in this field if your bachelor’s degree is in any other subjects. The basic requirement is a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. You should also have good communication skills and knowledge in English. Experience in working as laboratory manager is also important. Experience of at least one year is considered as the formal qualification along with the bachelor’s degree in some instances. Similarly 5 years of experience can act as substitute for the formal qualification.

When the availability of the job is considered, it comes under the category of high availability. Anyway, it requires some additional qualification. You should have a minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS, in each band. Skill assessment programs are also conducted by the national authorities. There are particular assessment authorities for each job and yours is Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services. But, that depends on the visa subclass you holds. Only certain visa subclasses need the assessment and since that is the case, you have to make sure whether you would need it or not.

You would require licensing or registration by the local authority for some of the jobs. You have to contact with the local authority to know about your licensing and registration.

Quick Enquiry