Are you a qualified Civil Engineer Technician, and keen to work overseas? If YES, you would be possibly glad to know that Australia requires skilled professionals like you even as your profession finds due mention in the Australian & New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) 312212.
You could measure-up for a lower needed pass mark in your points-structure work permit valuation, and for priority processing, to fast-track your petition presented for work permit.
The aspirants in this profession could be eligible for trained migration, through these visa-schemes: Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS), Points Based Skilled Migration visa, Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), Temporary Business (Long Stay) (Subcategory 457).
This line-of-work has a level of expertise which is proportionate with the credentials & experience of the AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2). Not less than 3 years of appropriate experience could replace the proper qualifications mentioned above. In certain cases, apart from the prescribed qualification, applicable experience, and/or first-hand training, could be expected.
What Civil Engineering Technician Does
Among others, he:
- Comes-up with charts, drawings, tabulations, works-out & designs for works related to civil engineering, including drainage, supply of water, sewerage reticulation arrangements, dams, bridges, roads, etc;
- Executes & supervises fieldwork & laboratory tests;
- Collects & studies information, & carries-out computations;
- Makes an educated guess about material expenditures & makes certain that the concluded jobs are well within requirements, rules & contract conditions;
- Construes work project instructions, applies proper courses & picks-up equipments;
- Carries-out laboratory & field tests of the construction goods & soils, and collects statistics for traffic analyses; and
- Examines civil engineering works, & arranges and oversees maintenance & repair job.