Canada Express Entry has ushered Canadian immigration system into a new era. The new system is unique in several ways and has brought about a big transformation in the way the Canadian government chooses skilled immigrants for entry into the country the CIC does not process the applications passively anymore, but it rather chooses the people it would like to invite into the country from a pool of aspirants vying for a place in the last selected batch of qualified candidates.
The salient features of ‘Canada Express Entry Programme’ are as follows:
- The candidates selected under the Canada Express Entry System are granted permanent residence status. They do not need to compete against the occupational ceilings the system sans first come first serve basis of evaluation and predetermined time deadlines;
- The program includes following schemes:
- All of the former federal skills migration initiatives, FSW – Federal Skilled Worker scheme; FSTP – Federal Skilled Trade Program; CEC – Canada Experience Class;
- Some parts of provincial nomination schemes;
- Canada Express Entry is an electronic platform that allows the aspiring applicants to create online profiles free of charge which can be retained for a period of 12 months, after which the applicants may resubmit their profiles;
- Before initiating profile creation process, the candidates must negotiate a preliminary process – they must get their academic accomplishments assessed from a designated evaluation body of Canada, like WES; and they must also write an approved language test to evidence their linguistic skills in either English or French;
- The profiles are gauged for eligibility by the CRS or Comprehensive Ranking System. The CRS assessed the applicants on the basis of certain pre-determined criteria, like:
- Linguistic skills,
- Academic accomplishments,
- Professional exposure, and
- Other deemed vital profile traits that can evidence ability of new entrants in settling in the Canadian environment;
- After gauging the profiles, the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) ranks them on the basis of the marks obtained;
- Additional marks can be obtained by the candidates under following conditions:
- Sponsorships earned from a wiling Canadian state, if any; or
- Full time regular employment offer from a Canadian employer;
- The CIC conducts short listing draws at regular intervals to pick the applicants who have scored highest marks; or have a provincial nomination to their credit; or have obtained a permanent employment offer from a Canadian employer through job bank;
- The shortlisted candidates are instructed to go ahead with filing of second sets of applications for permanent residence. Selected candidates are given 60 days to respond, failing which the invitation is cancelled; and
- The CIC promises to evaluate requests of the selected applicants within six months of receipt of completed requests;
Our past experience and current engagement with the Canadian skilled immigration system gives us every reason to firmly believe and suggest that the current format of Canadian skilled migration system holds several promises; as selected candidates can get Canadian immigration visa faster than any other comparable scheme. You just need to do the things right the very first time, i.e. compile all the requisite documents and negotiate all the required steps meticulously.
You can approach Abhinav for a comprehensive support – right from assessing of your profile to judge your eligibility to submission of your profile and subsequent follow-up, like filing next set of requests if you are selected for the permanent residence.
If you are feeling excited about shifting to Canada, start by mailing us your and your spouse’s profile to email@example.com and avail an assessment at absolutely free.
Check Your Eligibility for Canada Immigration for FREE and get free assessment report on your email. Click Here
Other information pages you might want to see if you are thinking about Immigrating to Canada through Express Entry Program.