Psychologists are medical practitioners who perform tasks of assessing and identifying behavioral, emotional and cognitive abnormalities, extending advisory to clients, providing treatment, carrying out analysis and implementing theory related to behavior and mental processes. These practitioners assist clients to work toward the maintenance and boosting psychological, physical, intellectual, emotional, social and interpersonal functioning.
These professionals may hold specialization in applied psychology or experimental analysis. Sub-specialties including behavioral psychology, child psychology, cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, educational psychology, industrial psychology, neuropsychology, social psychology or sports psychology.
These professionals find employment in private practice or in clinics, correctional facilities, hospitals, mental health establishments, rehabilitation facilities, community service agencies, businesses, schools and varsities, and in government and private research institutions.
A typical list of these medical professionals involve carrying out listed tasks
- Assessing and evaluating behavior, diagnose behavioral, emotional and cognitive abnormalities, extending advisory and therapy to clients
- Assisting clients in managing physical ailments and abnormalities
- Extending expert advisory to people and groups to achieving more efficient personal, social and vocational progress and adjustment, and offering mediation assistance
- Applying standard psychological evaluations for analysis
- Planning intervention schemes and applying scheme assessment
- Implementing psychological system and principles concerning behavior and mental procedures like learning, linguistic development, memory and perception to foster dispension schemes
- Planning system and experimental blueprints, assessing literature, conducting analysis and publishing analysis papers, educational texts and articles
- Delivering presentations at conferences, workshops or symposia
- Extending advisory support to government and other agencies
To qualify for Canada as 4151 Psychologists you need to have
- A PhD. in psychology to work as "Psychologist" in Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia
- A post graduation in psychology to work as "Psychologist" or "Psychological Associate"
- In Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Saskatchewan, Alberta Ontario, Manitoba and the Northwest Territories
- In private practice in Prince Edward Island
- A minimum tenure of practical exposure under guidance
- Approval from a regulatory agency is needed in all provinces, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories.
- Behavioral modification psychologist
- Behavioral psychologist
- Behavioral therapist
- Bio psychologist
- Chartered psychologist
- Child psychologist
- Clinical psychologist
- Cognitive psychologist
- Community psychologist
- Counselling psychologist
- Developmental psychologist
- Educational psychologist
- Experimental psychologist
- Forensic psychologist
- Human development psychologist
- Industrial psychologist
- Intern psychologist
- Organizational psychologist
- Physiological psychologist
- Psychological associate
- Psychologist – counselling
- Psychologist, school
- Registered psychologist
- Research psychologist
- School psychologist
- Social psychologist
- Sports psychologist
- Vocational psychologist
If you are an experienced psychology practitioner and are looking forward to moving to lucrative location like Maple Leaf country then you have an outstanding opportunity at your hand. You can immigrate as NOC 4151 - Psychologist through Canada Federal Skilled Immigration scheme, the FSW 2014. CIC has allocated 1000 slots for this code for year 2014. To qualify for this program you need to have minimum academic qualifications, suitable practical exposure and also have sufficient linguistic skills in English or French. A score of 67 marks is also deemed mandatory in the comprehensive profile assessment process.
Check Your Eligibility for Canada Immigration for FREE and get free assessment report on your email. Click Here
For more updates on Canada immigration and visa, watch this space. For immigration to UK, US, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Lithuania, Singapore, and Hong Kong, send your updated resume to [email protected] and get Immigration Assessment, absolutely free.