In what could be called a very positive development, from the perspectives of the overseas manpower in the US on the H-1B Work Visas, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has, reportedly, stated that now they (the foreign workers on the H-1B Work Visas) can offer their professional services to more than one firm.

For those not tuned in, the USCIS is the nation’s federal immigration bureau which obtains and takes a decision on the applications presented for the H-1B and every other US Visas.

And, the H-1B Visas are basically the non-immigrant visas and most sought after by the Indian IT experts. These visas enable the different US organizations to engage the labor force from abroad in the various specialty professions that necessitate either technical or theoretical capability. The various technology firms in the US depend on these particular visas to sign-up a large number of workers every year, from the various parts of the world, including China and India.

As per the USCIS, on the whole, the H-1B manpower can offer their professional services for over 1 recruiter/firm. However, it is compulsory that they have permitted I-129 for all. It added that it is mandatory that the new recruiter/firm presents an I-129 petition, prior to one may start doing a job.

The Form I-129 is essentially a form presented for a non-immigrant employee to the USCIS employed by the recruiters/firms or potential recruiters/firms, to get (or improve the particulars of) an employee with a non-immigrant visa standing. Though it’s anything but a new law, not many individuals really know this.

The H-1B Visa has a yearly numerical limit cap of 65,000 visas each financial year as authorized by the Congress even as the initial 20,000 applications submitted, on the behalf of beneficiaries having a US master’s degree or above, are exempt from the control.

Apart from this, this numerical control does not apply to the H-1B employees, who are either petitioned for or engaged at an establishment of advanced education or its affiliated or associated nonprofit bodies or a not-for-profit research group or an administration research body.

In the meantime, an American think-tank has reportedly stated that a combined total of 56% of the entire supposed employment-based Green Cards were doled-out to the family members of the employees. The remaining 44% were offered to the employees themselves.
In case either the family members were exempted from the share or there was a distinct Green Card stream for them, an extra 76,711 exceedingly trained immigrant employees may have received a Green Card in 2015, minus boosting the share.
The think-tank further claimed that close-to 85% of those, who obtained an employment-based Green Card, were by now lawfully residing in the country. These people managed to fine-tune their immigration position from a different kind of visa, such as an F or H-1B Visa, to an employment-based Green Card.

The think-tank further reportedly asserted that exempting either some or the whole adjustments of position from the Green Card limit would nearly increase, by 100%, the figure of the exceedingly qualified employees who could gain admission.

Quick Enquiry

I hereby authorize to send notifications on SMS/ Messages/ Promotional/ informational messages