On 29th April, BC PNP Tech Pilot invites 75 candidates under the 2 sub streams - Skills Immigration and Express Entry
for the Canadian permanent residence through provincial nomination. The invitations are granted to those candidates who successfully acquired a valid job offer from the BC employer within the 29 in-demand technology occupations.
- The minimum score was clocked at 85 with invitations granted to 75 candidates under:
* Skilled Worker and International Graduate candidates in Express Entry BC (EEBC)
* Skilled Worker and International Graduate candidates in Skills Immigration streams (SIRS)
- Candidates of EEBC must file their application under both FSW and B.C.’s Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS). Candidates receive 600 points for provincial nomination.
- Candidates of Skills Immigration streams must only file their application under SIRS.
- Candidates are required to score high on each selection factors of age, education, work experience and language proficiency under British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program Tech Pilot.
- Must possess a valid job offer with minimum 1 year of validity for provincial nomination.
Below are the 29 in-demand occupations:
0131 - Telecommunication Carriers managers
0213 - Computer & systems managers
0512 - Managers - publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting & performing arts
2131 - Civil engineers
2132 - Mechanical engineers
2133 - Electrical & electronics engineers
2134 - Chemical engineers
2147 - Computer engineers
2171 - Information systems analysts & consultants
2172 - Database analysts & data administrators
2173 - Software engineers & designers
2174 - Computer programmers & interactive media developers
2175 - Web designers & developers
2221 - Biological technologists and technicians
2241 - Electrical & electronics engineering technologists and technicians
2242 - Electronic service technicians
2243 - Industrial instrument technicians & mechanics
2281 - Computer network technicians
2282 - User support technicians
2283 - Information systems testing technicians
5121 - Authors & writers
5122 - Editors
5125 - Translators, terminologists & interpreters
5224 - Broadcast technicians
5225 - Audio & video recording technicians
5226 - Other technical occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting & performing arts
5227 - Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and performing arts
5241 - Graphic designers & illustrators
6221 - Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade