Interested in Migrating but have low IELTS score or otherwise unable to meet the high qualifying points or occupational criteria for any country? Then here is a wonderful visa option for skilled immigration to Australia.
A summary of the announced guidelines in the new Australian sub-class 489 Guidelines are as follows:
- Applicant and family can be sponsored by an Australian State or an Australian close-blood relative living in a “regional” area of Australia as defined by “regional postcodes”
- Applicant’s Pass mark is 50 - Additional 10 points granted to visa applicants taking the REGIONAL SPONSORSHIP from any Australian state or close blood-relative giving a total of 60 points which is the current pass-mark as from 01-07-2012
- 3 year temporary visa, eligibility to a permanent visa after complying with below-mentioned requirements
- Must be sponsored by a regional authority or close-blood relative, prior to application
- Sponsorship usually requires proof of “availability of settlement funds” approx AUD 25,000/- for a single migrant, or AUD 40,000/- for husband-wife. Money can be in applicant’s bank account, or a relative may provide a bank-statement and an “affidavit” that money will become available for “settlement” if visa is granted. Some state Sponsorship rules require a minimum “cash” amount of AUD10, 000/- which must be available for bringing to Australia.
- Adequate “research” regarding the regional area is also compulsory - employment, cost-of-living, cost of housing/renting, other amenities etc.
- Applicants have to pass IELTS Test with minimum score of 6, 6, 6, and 6.
- Must live with family (spouse plus dependent children) including children’s schooling in regional area for 2 years AND must be employed in a regional area for at least 1 year out of those 2 years in any skilled occupation.
- Regional areas are approx 75-100km or more outside the big cities – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Woolongong, Newcastle, Central Coast, etc. Few Examples: Adelaide city, Hobart city are declared as a regional areas and Perth city, Mandurah, Bunbury etc. (in WA) have been declared as regional areas by WA Govt. Please see details on www.immi.gov.au where list of designated “post-codes” is also available.
- Priority processing
- Eligible to apply for the regional permanent visa categories after complying with above
Remember that the quota in state in limited and it is in your best interest to take advantage by starting the process for Immigration to Australia, immediately. All we need for assessment is your and if married, your spousal resume. Mail it today to [email protected] for free-of-charge assessment.