Immigrate to Denmark
Have plans to immigrate to and live and work in a developed European Union member country? Denmark Green card points based system is the program which you should be making the application under! Explore the option to Immigrate to Denmark and live and work in one of the happiest countries in the world.
Denmark is one of the most affluent economies of Europe with a very stable government and unbiased social establishment. Being a member of EU is also an added advantage that this Scandinavian country offers. If you are planning to move to this country, it will be quite handy to have an in-depth view of Danish immigration regime. We can broadly classify the Danish migration process in 2 steps.
- Qualified residence in the country for 5 years
- Permanent residence culminating into citizenship of the country through naturalization
Qualified residence period generally includes many passages through which one can be permitted to reside in the country for stipulated period i.e.
- First for studies then working
- By institution of marriage
- Green card
If we really analyze different paths of gaining residence for stipulated period of 5 years in Danish green card is the most common passage used by migrants.
Salient features of Danish green card
- It acts as residence cum work permission
- Can be obtained by the aspirants wishing to gain employment in that country and consequently settling down to carry out job
- Is issued after subjecting a migrant’s profile to a point based assessment in which it mandatory to secure a minimum of 100 marks
- Does not permit a migrant to establish and run own business
Denmark Green Card Points Based System
Denmark Green Card Points Based system assess the prospective applicants on the basis of their skills (educational background, proficiency in the language and adaptability) and allows them to get a temporary residence permit visa on the basis of their qualifications for the motto of getting employment in the nation. The applicants are entitled for bonus points if they have earned their qualifications from an eligible university. Moreover, the entitlement to get extra points increases by having the presence of an occupation on the Positive List for Denmark. Scoring mandatory points allows an applicant to get a temporary residence permit (provided other pre-requisites are fulfilled too). Entry of spouse and dependent children is permitted in cases too.
- Academic qualifications
- Linguistic skills in two language combination
- Either of Scandinavian languages
- English or German
- Adaptability factor
Indian academic qualifications are often ordered to a correlation study by Danish Agency for Labor Retention and International Recruitment through Danish Agency for Universities and Internationalization, an agency under the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Higher Education. A positive assessment guarantees full marks for academic qualifications.
It is necessary to substantiate
- Your ability to finance your stay in Denmark along
- Necessary health covers until you are included in Danish health care network
On successful assessment of candidature, authorities award green card to a migrant for an initial period of 2 years, and before the end of this period you can apply for an extension of 3 years. It is compulsory for a migrant to file for renewal well in advance of the expiry date of residence permission under green card.
It should be essentially noticed that onus of getting a renewal lies completely of a migrant and any negligence on part of migrant in applying as per instruction of advance request for renewal then it could result in cancellation of permit, if the renewal of permission is not granted well within the validity period, in which case a migrant may be forced to leave Denmark.